- Get more time inside the museums with exclusive VIP No Wait Access entrance to St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museums.
- Don't miss a detail on a small group tour, limited to 13 participants.
- Discover Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine Chapel.
- Visit the beautiful works of Raphael.
About a small Group
Taking part in a small group tour will make a huge difference when visiting the Vatican. There is an average of 20,000 visitors each day so making your way around can get pretty tough! When joining a small group you will be sure that you won't miss important masterpieces and most important you will have the attention needed to completely enjoy your trip to the smallest country in the world. Your Professional Tour guide will also give you your own headset meaning you won't miss a thing. Easy to enter, you will have a VIP no wait entrance with your Tour Guide saving you 3 to 4 hours in high season.
Discovering the Vatican Museums
With your tour guide, 2 out of 3 hours is dedicated to the Vatican Museums and the endless collections of art that it has to offer. Yes, the Vatican museums have more than 1000 rooms, so your tour guide will make sure you get the most out of them. Once you enter and receive your headsets you will soon start to realize that works of art will be brought to life whilst listening to the many fascinating stories and fun facts that your Tour Guide will illustrate. Head to the Pio Clementino Museum, the most complex of the Vatican. There you will discover the statue that also inspired Michelangelo and many other artists, The Belvedere Torso, a fragmentary marble statue of an unknown male. Be amazed by the Octagonal court, tour around the Round Room and start a journey in what seems to be never-ending beautifully decorated galleries. The three Galleries, maps, tapestries and Candelabra will show you off the most well decorated, fully gold ceilings that you will ever see inside the Vatican. Your Tour Guide will then to the Raphael Rooms, one of the Vatican most famous and well know Stanze. You'll learn all about Raphael's 4 rooms and even spot Aristotele and Platone in one of his most famous frescoes. Now you will have to be prepared to visit the unique Sistine Chapel...
Vatican Museums - Marble Statue
Discovering the Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's Basilica
Marvel at the 68ft high ceiling and that touch between God and Adam, in one of the iconic scenes of the famous Sistine Chapel. Discover all nine representations of the Genisis and let your tour guide astonish you with the many stories behind the creation of this marvelous fresco. But it won't be only the ceiling that will leave you speechless, take a look behind and there it will be, the Last Judgment also painted by Michelangelo standing more than 40ft tall covering the whole altar. Marvel at projection of Michelangelo's imagination of the second coming of Christ and the final and eternal Judgement by God of all human beings. Take advantage of another VIP no wait-access and enter S. Peter's Basilica. Here you will visit at your own pace taking the time to enhance to marvelous art such as Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini's Baldachin. Don't forget to visit the Pope's crypts that lay underneath the Basilica or climb St. Peter's Dome has a magnificent view over St.Peter's Square and Rome as well. The tour finishes in St. Peter’s Square, where you can admire Bernini’s clever optical illusion, spot the balcony from which the Pope delivers his public addresses, and take photos of the imposing exterior of the basilica. After your tour, we can assure that you'll leave the Vatican feeling like an expert!
Sistine Chapel - Last Judgement
⬆ If you feel like you would love an even more personal experience check out our Vatican & Sistine Chapel PRIVATE Tour
✔The Pio Clementino Museum
✔ The Gallery of the Candelabra
✔ Gallery of the Tapestries
✔ Gallery of the Maps
✔The Sistine Chapel
✔St. Peter’s Basilica
✔ St. Peter’s Square
Know before you go
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- The local tour provider is unable to accommodate visitors with wheelchairs or with walking disabilities.
- Entrance into the Vatican is subject to a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- No low-cut or sleeveless tops or shorts will be permitted. Clients that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican. The local tour provider cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress
- There will be an airport-style security check before you enter St. Peter's Basilica; please leave liquids and sharp items at home.
- No wait access to the Vatican Museums
- Access to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's
- Tour guide
- Audio headsets
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- St Peter's Dome ticket