- Discover the largest brick dome ever constructed.
- Visit the Baptistery of St. John and admire its famous mosaics and bronze doors.
- Enjoy the Opera Museum of the Cathedral, the original Lorenzo Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise and Michelangelo's Pietà.
- Climb Brunelleschi's Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower to enjoy the views of Florence.
Tour the Florence Duomo on a 2-hour guided sightseeing tour of the church and its buildings.
The Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore, Florence Cathedral, is one of the largest and most important churches in the world. Construction began in 1296 and ended only in 1436, with the creation of the magnificent dome by Filippo Brunelleschi.
See the Baptistery of St. John, one of the oldest buildings in Florence, built in the Florentine Romanesque style.
Then visit the Museum of the Works of the Cathedral, a site that collects original masterpieces from the Duomo complex. Among the most important works are the Gates of Paradise by Ghiberti and Michelangelo's Pietà Bandini. The museum also houses one of the largest collections of Donatello's work in the world.
The tour will allow you also to climb the Giotto’s Campanile and enjoy one of the most impressive views of Florence from the top of the bell tower.
✔Giotto's Bell Tower.
Know before you go
- Your tour guide will provide ticketed access to climb to the top of the Brunelleschi's Dome at 12:00 or 12:30 PM
- Only in the rare case you are booked on an afternoon tour, your pre-booked time slot for climbing the dome will be set to 5:30 PM
- Shoulders and knees must be covered the day of your visit.
- All entrance tickets including the Cathedral Dome and Giotto's Bell Tower
- Guided tour of the Cathedral, The Baptistery and the Opera Museum
- Headphones if necessary
- Audio guides